01 July, 2012

An Impasse

You know, I never realized how quickly life really happens. You work so hard for something, anything, really and before you realize it...you've achieved/accomplished whatever that goal you set out to do was..

I graduated from Nursing school last month.

I passed my board exam three days ago.

I sit here in the midst of job applications, piles of pushed aside debt, a living situation that drives me nutsy most of the time, and weird and wonderful friendships that keep me on my toes.

I've never known what it is to live a life that doesn't revolve around some form of school. I'm not sure how to really go about doing so. I have a degree, and am certified in a trade that will, at the very least, set me up for a comfortable living.

So what do I do now? It seems so menial to find a job, settle down, have petty fights, and just exist. Is this really what it's all about? I never really thought of myself as adventurous...I really thought that my biggest adventure would be nursing school, and that I would be okay with that. But now, I'm just blah. Just here. Just living the daily grind, paying bills and being an "adult." I've done it for 3 days, and I'm exhausted, bored, and ready for something else.

Who would have known? I'm sure settling myself into the profession and a new job will be adventures, as well as finding a specialty and pursing it..blah, blah, blah.

"Now is the winter of our discontent," apparently.

So, I'm gonna take some inspiration from Gina and make a list - a list full of things I want to do, more goals I want to accomplish, and then I'll share it. Maybe some of you can help me with them...

It's time to actually start living, so I've finally decided to take the first step...

Shit, that's scary!


No comments: